These Terms and Conditions are between Ocean Media Group Ltd (“Ocean Media”) and the person who completes the relevant booking form (“You”) for the Housing 2019 Event as described in the booking form (“Event”).
Confirmation of bookings
1. All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by Ocean Media, which will be confirmed in writing (including by e-mail) after Ocean Media has received the completed booking form, the related fee if required (the “Fee”), and anything else that Ocean Media may require.
2. Upon Ocean Media’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between Ocean Media and You to which these terms and conditions apply.
3. Ocean Media reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking at its absolute discretion.
4. Fees for the Event are correct at the time of publication.
5. Ocean Media reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed.
6. The Fees for commercial visitor passes are payable at the same time as You submit your booking form by credit card.
7. Commercial (i.e. ‘for profit’ organisations) visitor fees are non-refundable.
8. You acknowledge that Ocean Media cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
9. The Fees include one place at the Event, and Event materials.
10. The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
11. Under VAT Excise regulations delegates from all countries are required to pay VAT @ 20% on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom. For Events in other countries, delegates are required to pay any VAT, excise duty or other sales tax which is applicable.
12. Bookings made before June 1st must be paid within 30 days of the invoice date.
13. Bookings made after 1st June 2019 must be paid by Friday 21nd June 2019.
14. Delegates can book one, or multiple (multiple day packages).
15. If booking at the CIH member rate, you will be required to provide the membership number for each delegate. If you are unsure whether your delegates are CIH members or if you don’t have the number, please call the Institute on 024 7685 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before returning your booking form to Ocean Media.
16. Delegate places cannot be shared.
17. Delegates cannot book for part of a day or a specific session.
18. Early bird discount rates expire on 1 April 2019 at 12pm. Booking made after this date will be charges at the normal rate.
19. Please provide personal email details of all delegates so they can be directly informed of any conference programme changes, updates and news to help them plan their visit.
20. If not known at the time of booking, delegate names and dates of attendance should be sent to Ocean Media 31 May 2019 at the latest.
21. Delegate substitutions / name changes can be made at any time up until the event at no extra charge, when substituting a like for like delegate type. If substituting another type of delegate, there could be an additional charge levied.
22. Delegates registering onsite at Conference will be sent a copy of their booking form and an invoice immediately following Conference.
23. Delegate registration types cannot be changed at a later date. For example, if you register as a non-member and then become a member, you will not be eligible for a refund.
24. Attending from overseas: In the event of a visa not being issued to a delegate after a place has been booked, delegates will not be eligible for any refunds. We strongly advise that bookings are not made until visas have been granted or approved.
25. To qualify as a Delegate of the Future, delegates must have never attended previously as a delegate of any status.
26. To qualify for the Manager rate, delegates must have never attended previously as a delegate of any status.
27. If you require a purchase order number to be quoted on your invoice please provide this in advance or at time of booking.
28. Delegate fees do not include accommodation, think tanks or the welcome to Manchester dinner.
29. The Corporate Booking rate of 10 delegates (£5,820 plus vat Early Bird rate, £6,215 plus vat Standard rate) is only available as a single purchase and not offered in cases of multiple transactions.
30. Fees will be invoiced and should be paid in full prior to the start of the conference as non-payment may affect your admission into the conference. Payment terms are 30 days for bookings received before 1 April 2019. If you are unable to meet the payment terms please contact the Conference team.
31. Registered delegates who do not attend the event will still be liable for the full delegate fee, and will not receive any refund if payment has already been made regardless of time of booking.
32. Fees are non-transferrable (between events) in the case of cancellation or nonattendance.
33. Ocean Media reserves the right to offer discounts at its absolute discretion. Ocean Media reserves the right, without any liability, to withdraw such discounts.
34. Please note that you need to provide the correct CIH membership details to enable us to apply the relevant discounts. If the correct CIH membership details are not provided then Ocean Media Group reserve the right to use discretion, or to quote and / or invoice accordingly. Ocean Media Group shall be the sole arbiter in deciding what constitutes a breach. No refunds are given in such a situation.
35. Please note that Ocean Media Group requires you to provide, if required, the correct PO number and details of Accounts Payable. Payment must be made in full before the event.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements
36. Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for Ocean Media to alter the content, format, venue, or timing of an Event. All delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
37. If You cannot attend an Event for which You have registered, please contact Ocean Media as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at email@example.com. Ocean Media may at our absolute discretion allow You to send a substitute in your place (provided that Ocean Media has received the details of such substitute). Delegate places cannot be shared.
38. If You notify us that You wish to cancel your attendance at an Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges shall apply as follows:
39. Cancellations made before 1 April 2019, will incur an administrative cancellation charge of £120.00 plus VAT, per delegate;
40. Cancellations received on or after 1 April 2019 will be liable for the full delegate fees.
41. No refunds will be given where payment has already been made Ocean Media may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify You as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation. If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and You cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees You have paid in advance. You agree that Ocean Media’s liability to You will be limited to the amount of the Fees You have paid and Ocean Media will not be liable to You for any expenditure, damage, or loss incurred by You as a result of the cancellation or postponement.
Your attendance at the Event
42. Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking.
43. Ocean Media reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse You admission or eject You from the Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in Ocean Media’s opinion You represent a security risk, nuisance, or annoyance to the running of the Event.
44. You are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at the Event, in each case for your own personal use. You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of the Event or of any session within the Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Ocean Media.
45. You acknowledge that the Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individuals or groups of delegates. You agree to permit Ocean Media, or any third party licensed by Ocean Media, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of You, in all or any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs. Please inform the photographer if You do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
46. You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at the Event. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ocean Media shall not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to You or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
47. Materials distributed by or on behalf of Ocean Media at an Event may not be reproduced without Ocean Media’s permission.
Ocean Media Group Ltd Liability
48. Views expressed by speakers are their own and Ocean Media disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event. Materials distributed at an Event are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
49. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Ocean Media shall not be liable to You for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or any loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profit, contracts, revenues, goodwill or anticipated savings arising in connection with this Agreement, even if You have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
51. The names, job titles and organisations of all registered delegates will be placed on the delegate list for the Event. This list will be provided to sponsoring companies and to all delegates via an online attendee directory, so that they can see who is at the Event for the purpose of networking and meetings.
52. If You do not wish to be included on this list please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of making your booking. Delegates who register for the attendee directory acknowledge and agree that they shall not, under any circumstances, use the delegate list for their own promotional and marketing purposes.
53. Ocean Media will only contact you for marketing purposes, and will only pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you expressly consent to this (for example, by opting in during the registration process).
54. These terms contain the entire agreement between You and Ocean Media.
55. If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions will continue in full force and effect as if the terms had been executed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision omitted.
56. Any express or implied waiver to perform any obligations under these terms will not prevent the subsequent enforcement of them.
57. A person who is not a party to these terms has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
58. These terms shall be governed by English law and You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this clause shall limit Ocean Media’s right to take proceedings against You in any other court of competent jurisdiction.
59. If You have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact email@example.com.
60. These terms and conditions were published on 7 September 2018 and apply to all bookings placed from that date until these terms and conditions are superseded by a new version.
Upon Ocean Media’s written confirmation to You of its acceptance of your booking for a place at the Event there shall be a legally binding contract between Ocean Media and You to which these terms and conditions apply.